My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodstock, MD, United States

These last few years, I have become convinced that I am doing what God has gifted me to do, that I am where He wants me. It has become increasingly clear that many experiences, (not all of which were pleasant or understandable at the time), have converged to put me on this path. I love those that I sing to, the long-term care residents for whom therapeutic music is so beneficial, and I continue to learn much from these wonderful, accomplished, patient, and kind people. I love sharing my passion for the power of music with patients, families, facilities, and anyone who wants to learn about the difference that music can make in life. I want to live a life of acceptance and forgiveness, and I hope those I love can love me unconditionally as I love them. I am thankful for all that I am learning, and for those who are teaching me more about myself and about life. I am thankful to God for each of my children, for my loving and giving husband, and for my Creator's unconditional acceptance, His undeserved grace. And here on this blog, I can share another of my life passions: words. Deep enough to jump into and never touch bottom...just like God’s love.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Dream

Have you ever dreamt of something, imagined something for such a long time that, though it once seemed so real and vivid, over time you became convinced it must truly be nothing more than a dream, an impossible vision, an unreachable goal, an unattainable ideal? And then you settled for something so far from your dream, even when you knew deep down it would never be to you all that you longed for, hoped for, needed.

And then what if life suddenly surprised you and presented you with the very thing you thought you'd never have, that you never looked for because you believed it was not there for you to find? What if it turned out to not only be all that you had dreamt and hoped for, but even more, infinitely more wonderful? What if discovering it made you realize you had been sleeping, but now were finally awake, and what you thought was just a forgotten dream was now a reality?

Wouldn't that be beautiful, amazing, incredibly fulfilling - a treasure and a blessing you would never, ever want to give up?



My Dream

Once I had a dream
of a love yet unknown
but only imagined -
and I was alone.


I saw it so clearly
and felt with my soul
that with such a love
I might become whole.


I've walked through my life
simply making do
with a shadow of the love
I discovered with you.


I finally awoke
and the dream has come true -
my soul is complete
for it has found you.


And you are more real,
your love is more true
than all of the dreams
I once had of you.


My heart has now found
what was missing so long -
you forever will be
my joy and my song!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home