My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodstock, MD, United States

These last few years, I have become convinced that I am doing what God has gifted me to do, that I am where He wants me. It has become increasingly clear that many experiences, (not all of which were pleasant or understandable at the time), have converged to put me on this path. I love those that I sing to, the long-term care residents for whom therapeutic music is so beneficial, and I continue to learn much from these wonderful, accomplished, patient, and kind people. I love sharing my passion for the power of music with patients, families, facilities, and anyone who wants to learn about the difference that music can make in life. I want to live a life of acceptance and forgiveness, and I hope those I love can love me unconditionally as I love them. I am thankful for all that I am learning, and for those who are teaching me more about myself and about life. I am thankful to God for each of my children, for my loving and giving husband, and for my Creator's unconditional acceptance, His undeserved grace. And here on this blog, I can share another of my life passions: words. Deep enough to jump into and never touch bottom...just like God’s love.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Healthy, economical "fast food" at home!

“Chicken with White Wine and Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce,” Greek-style Fish Filets,” “Maryland Salmon Cakes,” “Tortilla Pizza.” Do these sound like fix-in-a-hurry meals you can easily make at home on a budget? In today’s economy, many mothers work outside the home and struggle daily with providing healthy meals for their families with limited time and money to spend on food. With simple ingredients and 15-20 minutes of preparation time, all of the above dinners can be prepared without stress and on a reasonable budget. It just takes a little advanced planning at the beginning of the week, and dinner can become the start of an enjoyable, healthy, and stress-free evening meal for a family struggling to spend time together at the end of a busy day.

Preparing and enjoying quick and delicious meals to be enjoyed as a family can also become something you look forward to every day. It’s all about seeing this basic activity of food preparation and meal-sharing as one of the most fundamental human experiences, an essential part of family and societal culture. If it’s something you and your family must do every single day, why not enjoy the process? Meanwhile, you teach your children how to use everyday healthy ingredients to create a nutritious meal that doesn’t break the bank. For example, the “Chicken with White Wine and Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce” requires only a few ingredients: boneless chicken, olive oil, a handful of chopped sundried tomatoes, a little white wine, and cream cheese. The “Maryland Salmon Cakes” use inexpensive canned salmon, bread crumbs, egg, Old Bay and other seasonings. It is quite simple to discover similar recipes for free on the internet – no need for the latest Food Channel cookbook. Like so many other things in life, it’s about attitude, planning, and choices.

Look for my recipes to be posted soon!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home