My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodstock, MD, United States

These last few years, I have become convinced that I am doing what God has gifted me to do, that I am where He wants me. It has become increasingly clear that many experiences, (not all of which were pleasant or understandable at the time), have converged to put me on this path. I love those that I sing to, the long-term care residents for whom therapeutic music is so beneficial, and I continue to learn much from these wonderful, accomplished, patient, and kind people. I love sharing my passion for the power of music with patients, families, facilities, and anyone who wants to learn about the difference that music can make in life. I want to live a life of acceptance and forgiveness, and I hope those I love can love me unconditionally as I love them. I am thankful for all that I am learning, and for those who are teaching me more about myself and about life. I am thankful to God for each of my children, for my loving and giving husband, and for my Creator's unconditional acceptance, His undeserved grace. And here on this blog, I can share another of my life passions: words. Deep enough to jump into and never touch bottom...just like God’s love.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dawn

Misty, milky gray
moves over a field,
hovering
waiting to rise
as light catches dewdrops.
Though they sparkle
for a moment,
they are soon gone
with day’s full sun.

Like my heart,
when hope of tenderness
returned
has all but vanished.
Only tiny glimmers remain
on a summer morn, when
warm presses down
on cool
and droplets glisten
for a time,
but theirs is not
a long life.

And yet
the hope of light
that will last
is held out
each dusky, shadowy eve
when I feel the end
of another day
draw near, and
damp grass whispers
promises of
morning light
reflected on dewy blades.
Love will come
and I will shine again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home