My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodstock, MD, United States

These last few years, I have become convinced that I am doing what God has gifted me to do, that I am where He wants me. It has become increasingly clear that many experiences, (not all of which were pleasant or understandable at the time), have converged to put me on this path. I love those that I sing to, the long-term care residents for whom therapeutic music is so beneficial, and I continue to learn much from these wonderful, accomplished, patient, and kind people. I love sharing my passion for the power of music with patients, families, facilities, and anyone who wants to learn about the difference that music can make in life. I want to live a life of acceptance and forgiveness, and I hope those I love can love me unconditionally as I love them. I am thankful for all that I am learning, and for those who are teaching me more about myself and about life. I am thankful to God for each of my children, for my loving and giving husband, and for my Creator's unconditional acceptance, His undeserved grace. And here on this blog, I can share another of my life passions: words. Deep enough to jump into and never touch bottom...just like God’s love.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! I just finished final submissions for the publication of MY FIRST BOOK! It is called The Miracle of Music - Stories of Hope, Understanding, and Inspiration. I wrote this book for anyone facing Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, life-limiting or terminal illness, long-term care, or hospice – and all of us who love and care for them. The Miracle of Music is a collection of real-life stories gathered from my years spent playing music and singing for residents in long-term care communities, for hospice patients, and for those suffering from Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other cognitive disorders and serious illnesses. My recollections and stories, as well as a brief overview of scientific evidence and biblical references, illustrate the healing power of music and what it can do for our spirits and our faith, especially as we face a personal health challenge, provide care for others, or work in ministry. Many individuals receiving care at home and in long-term care settings are quite lonely and isolated - they are an unseen population with many significant needs. The central message of my book is one of inspiration and motivation to share the miracle of music with those in need around us. I expect to have the book in hand in a month or so - look for more details and book excerpts to come!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home